Saturday, February 18, 2006

twenty

That's how many teeth J and D each have. 10 on the top and 10 on the bottom. They had their first dental appointment today. We've been prepping them for a few months now but even with that preparation, I am amazed at how well they did. She was able to do a complete examination on both of them, complete with whirring instruments and bright overhead lights. She's really happy with their teeth and said they're teeth are better than 90 percent of the 3 year olds she sees. Their jaws are developing normally, there's no overbite with either of them, and they're nicely spaced although D's are a little tighter. We treated ourselves to In 'n Out afterwards - well, that was more of a treat for mommy and daddy although J does like their french fries. They took very late naps today and didn't wake up until 7:30pm for J and 7:45pm for D. So, naturally they didn't want to go to bed at 8:30pm. I'm afraid we're losing the afternoon nap with them. Maybe not D but definitely J. It's 10:00pm now and they're both sitting on the couch next to us. Hmm - I just looked down at J and he's asleep! Not D though. He's busy playing with his Stanley colorforms.
Tomorrow my uncle Layne is dropping by with his friend Paula for a short visit on their way through town. I haven't seen him for 2 years and it's been nearly 3 years since I saw Paula. I'm looking forward to seeing them. First, we head to the Farmer's Market in the morning. I'm trying to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables and also support local farmers. The produce is so much better there and there's really no change in the price. Most of it is organic and I feel better about the boys eating organic foods. Now if I can just reduce our intake of animal protein, I'll be really happy. My cholesterol is far too high and T's is moderately high so that's my motivation. However, T is (and so am I) a carnivore. This isn't going to be easy!

No comments: