Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Ramblings of a Crazy Person

I can't sleep. Too full on corned beef, cupcakes and coffee. We went to the Sullivans for dinner tonight and it was delicious. But, after 2 glasses of wine I thought it would be a good idea to have a cup of coffee and, well, I should have known better. Still, after days and days of subsisting on 5-6 hours of sleep each night I really didn't think one little cup of coffee was going to keep me up tonight. That's what I get for thinking. So here's a sampling of what's rattling around in my head right now.
  1. Crap! Easter is on Sunday and I haven't gotten anything for the boys yet. Must do that at lunch this week.
  2. I still need to get curtains for the kitchen and figure out what we're going to do with the dining room window.
  3. I had a dream about Heather Armstrong last night. That's weird.
  4. I'm thirsty.
  5. Work stuff. Maybe I should get Keynote to help me brainstorm our space restructure? Will request from resources tomorrow.
  6. Oh! I skipped my resources meeting today and didn't call them. Must call them.
  7. Can I make corned beef in the crock pot?
  8. I have to make a decision about curtains in the living room, too.
  9. Wow, I really love the color of my living room.
  10. I need to start running again. I'm worried about my knees though which didn't much like all that bending down I was doing to paint the living room.
  11. The Mother's Day Brunch is coming up soon and I need to request a donation from work this week.
  12. SFVMOMC wants to nominate me for President for the next term. I don't want to be President but feel guilty about that.
  13. I can't be President! I am already way over scheduled and that doesn't even include activities for the boys! And they start school in the fall. What if I want to join the PTA?
  14. How much of a time commitment is it, really? It's only two Tuesdays a month. How bad could it be?
  15. There's also two State conventions each year that the President has to attend. And not just the fun part - the boring meetings, too! And, the President has to go to every single function from the Get Acquainted Teas to the holiday parties, skate party, and every other event there is. And don't get me started about the financial responsibility of being in charge of a non-profit organization.
  16. But there's already such a strong executive board in place for the next term. And, I'd have the strongest Parliamentarian ever because she's been a member for years and past President several times.
  17. Absolutely not. Kelsi, you cannot take this on.
  18. I'm still not sleepy.
  19. I am still thirsty.
  20. I love my new couch.

No comments: