Tuesday, April 01, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Day One

No, it's no April Fool's joke, I really challenged myself to post everyday for the month of April. The theme for April is LETTERS. Below is my first one. It's not what I intended to write but it's all that I can think about so . . .

Dear Soma,

It's been a rough day what with the not sleeping very well last night; a feverish boy wedged next to me on one side and a stuffed up husband on the other. Not surprisingly, I woke up feeling rather Quaisomodo-ish. You know, it's the kind of stiffness that leads you to believe you can probably take care of it on your own. A little self-massage and a quick head jerk and *pop*, the pain is gone. Except that it didn't help - it only made my neck feel more strained. And that's when I started to think about you.

Advil kept the pain at bay but it doesn't know me the way you do. Nothing relaxes me the way you do, baby.

I'll only take a piece of you, just a quarter is enough.

Soma, thanks to you I will wake up tomorrow morning with the ability to turn my head.

Too bad you can't do anything about a child's fevers.

Love,
Kelsi

No comments: