Monday, August 11, 2008

Friends

People often ask me how I was able to stand being in the hospital for 2 months on bedrest.
Answer: friends. Friends who visited me, brought me news, books, gossip, lotion. Friends who rubbed my feet, kept me company, made me laugh.

Friends came through for us after the boys were born, too. They donated blood for Jack and Dean. They helped Tom demo and rebuild the bathroom. They pooled their money and paid for someone to finish the tile work.

I was overwhelmed - with the generosity of our friends, the roller coaster emotions of having two preemie babies, the upside down schedule (or lack thereof), the medications, the monitors.

I'm not sure I ever properly thanked everyone. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't.

I can't go back in time and thank them now. Instead, I'm paying it forward.

My sister-in-law wrote on her blog today about a friend of hers whose child is fighting leukemia. You won't find a better cause to give your charity dollars to than the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Here is her friend's donation page.

If you can't afford a donation right now, then please keep her in your thoughts.

1 comment:

cadiz12 said...

i don't know how we would have survived during all of my brother's surgeries if it were not for the kindness of our friends all these years. i'm sending good vibes to your sister-in-law's friend; hopefully her child can kick leukemia to the curb very soon.