Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50


Some tough decisions were made this week after many careful, thoughtful discussions and soliciting of opinions and internet research and quiet meditation. We're on the right track, have been making great progress and now, we'll see even more progress. This is a good thing.
Today, I dropped off applications to a charter school near us. It's a public school still in our district but because it's a charter, there is more latitude in the curriculum and it can be a bit more alternative and progressive. We think it might be a more positive learning environment for the boys. Now it's a waiting game as we wait to find out what the enrollment will be and if there will be 2 slots available for us. When I walked out of the school gate this morning, I turned and saw this sign and it really resonated with me. Not because it points the way to the church.

It's the promise of safety, of refuge that appeals to me.

It was just what I needed to see.

No comments: