Sunday, August 13, 2006

All's quiet




Finally, after an hour and a half of struggle - J's napping. When he's 15 and trying to sleep in until noon I'll be there every 15 minutes - jumping on his bed, kicking the wall, poking him in the eye and various other places, pulling open the curtains, jumping onto the floor - I could go on and on.
Yesterday was a great day. We got up early, packed up and went to the beach. The water was beautiful, calm and clear and warm enough to be in it without a wetsuit. I've never experienced Zuma like that. We saw dolphins and even a sea lion. While T played with the boys, I went for a swim with some other Tri Team members. We swam for about 1/2 mile and then I did some bodysurfing. I dried off and went for a run but not before snapping these pics.
I really wish I had taken a picture of the water, it was so beautiful. When I got back from my run, we took the boys down to the water and let them play around. D is still afraid of the surf so he wanted me to hold him. I did and we walked out into the water a bit but everytime a wave came in he would scream and cry so I gave up. I put him back on the dry sand and he wagged his finger at the ocean. Yeah, that'll teach it.
J seemed to love the surf. He'd try to jump over the waves as they'd crash in and he learned how to plant his feet so he would stay balanced. Then we had sandwiches and cupcakes and soon it was time to go home. They were both asleep by the 3rd song and slept another hour and a half once we were home so Mommy and Daddy got to take a nap, too.
Today our friends came home from their vacation so T went to pick them up at the airport while the boys and I went to the farmer's market and Costco. They were so incredibly good at both places. So, I bought them new costumes.
For some reason the pictures aren't loading. So, I'll try to put them in a separate post.

No comments: