Friday, August 26, 2005

Life's a Beach

So my husband just came by to switch cars with me so he could pick up the boys and go out to the beach. He told me he doesn't know when he'll be home what with traffic and all and that I should enjoy my free evening. Isn't that nice?

I don't know what to do with myself! Should I go to a movie? Should I call a girlfriend? Should I have a drink? Should I have a Six Feet Under marathon since I've only seen episode 1? See, I feel like I should do all those things - make it an all-nighter!! But, what I really want to do is go to a bookstore and browwwwwse at my leisure. Have a cup of tea, curl up on a sofa and read. But out of my house so there's the illusion of being social without having to talk to anyone. It sounds glorious. Except that I'd wind up slumped over asleep with drool spilling out of my mouth and some poor Barnes and Noble fellow will be assigned the task of waking me up.

Too many prospects!! Paralyzed with indecision!!

No comments: