Monday, April 03, 2006

2 stoplights

We were just 2 stoplights from daycare when D announced that his tummy wasn't feeling well. And then he lost his breakfast. Again. Again. Again. Great pools of curdled milk and banana muffin bar on his clothes, in his seat. Ugh. This is so my least favorite part of parenting. We got to daycare and got a change of clothes from his cubby. M brought me a roll of paper towels and a bucket in case D got sick again. I cleaned him up and changed his clothes. I happened to have 2 moist towelettes in my car so we each used one. Within 5 minutes he was saying he felt fine and wanted a banana. I told him he would have to wait until we got home. J went into the daycare and I put D in J's car seat - one of the benefits of having twins. When we got home D sat on the couch and watched spongebob while I took his car seat out of the car and cleaned it up. When will car seat makers create a car seat that is easy to take apart for the purposes of cleaning it?? Don't they know how hard it is to get the belts out when they are covered in puke? And the belts don't just come out - it requires a screwdriver to take off the back plate to reach the . . . oh, it's just too annoying. Anyway, apparently he just got carsick because he's been fine since we got home. He ate a piece of banana bread -- I know what you're thinking . . . what's with the banana theme?? What can I say? I made banana bread last night and on Saturday when I took J to the grocery store I asked him what kind of breakfast bar he wanted and he wanted the banana muffin bars. I digress - then he ate 2 bowls of cheerios. For lunch he told me he wanted a quesadilla and chicken noodle soup. I made that and sliced up some apple for him. He ate half the apple, most of the soup and took one bite of his quesadilla. Now he just fell asleep watching Bambi. I can finally get the car seat cover out of the dryer and put the car seat back together. JOY.

No comments: