Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Dear T,

I knew you would be a good father when I saw you playing with the McArthur kids oh so many years ago. The way Rox adored you and the patience you showed with her and her brothers. Mostly, the pure joy you exhibited just to be around them.

And now, with our own kids you seem so relaxed in your fatherhood. At ease and confident in your role as their dad. Firm when you need to be but most often you sit back and let them learn and solve problems on their own. Even when they are at their whiniest, you are patient and I so admire that trait in you.

What I'm trying to say, and I'm not sure that I've managed it very eloquently, is that I love you more than ever. You are my best friend, my partner, a wonderful father and you just got up so I have to go!!

I love you.

No comments: