Wednesday, June 14, 2006

J's Sick Day

When J woke up this morning he emitted a seal-like cough, then started crying. Both T and I moaned "oh no" and I scooped him up and held him while listening to his raspy breathing. When I picked him up yesterday his voice was a little raspy so I'm not too surprised by this development. Especially since D had a touch of it early in the week. J told me he felt hot, then cold, then hot again. His cheeks were a little flushed and his eyes were a little glassy. We took D to school then we went to work so I could pick up my computer. I had some cheerios at work so he sat on the floor and ate cheerios and drank orange juice while I went through my emails. I also had a big pad of vellum paper so we went to the supply room and picked up some colored pencils and markers and he went to work on the paper. He was being so good that I was able to get a lot of work done and we didn't leave until nearly 11:00am. He's asleep now and I put the humidifier on in his room so hopefully that will help his cough. Whenever he gets a cold it always seems to turn into this croup-like cough and of course it's always worse at night. It's so deceiving because he's been acting pretty good, not that sick really but then tonight his breathing will turn raspy again and then that damn cough will hit in the middle of the night. Hopefully the humidifier will prevent it tonight. I think I'll keep it running even after he wakes up from his nap.

No comments: