Saturday, November 01, 2008

Grateful Part 2

More things I'm grateful for today:

  • my patience which came in really handy when the boys' good behavior finally came to an end (come on, you knew it would happen - I jinxed myself with my earlier post)
  • my voice which I really expected to lose after the coughing and the cheering and the yelling to be heard over the fighting
  • my writing which came in handy when I wrote a rebuttal to a posting on our neighborhood message board which was written by our neighborhood busybody (I just don't know why some people spend so much energy being hateful)
  • my neighbors who chimed in after my posting with unexpected support
  • thunder and lighting which made a very rare appearance in so cal today - Jack and Dean were big eyed at the rumbling
  • rain, rain and more rain which we desperately need and which made for an especially cozy and relaxing Saturday
  • The Nightmare before Christmas which is playing now and has both boys snuggled securely on either side of me
  • a stack of unread books and magazines waiting patiently for me to have time to open them
  • two sweet smelling, if a bit phlegmy, boys

1 comment:

Daria said...

There is always so much to be thankful for and I liked reading your list, even that you looked for the positive in more difficult things. We do a gratitude talk (what we are each thankful for) every night at dinner and it's so special. Thanks for sharing yours.