Saturday, February 07, 2009

We've all come down with the plague around here. First Jack on Monday with a low grade fever and sore throat. Then Dean and Tom on Tuesday with raging fevers and coughs. Now me - no fever though, just a cough and a leaking nose.

So, it's been a week.

In other news, we took Jack in to see the ENT about the fluid in his ears and the good news is he doesn't need tubes. We took Dean in the same day to follow up on the results of his sleep study and the bad news there is he needs to have surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids. The surgery is scheduled for 2/20 and then he'll have to be out of school for 2 weeks. I talked to my boss about it and I'm going to work from home for those 2 weeks. I hate the idea of surgery for him but I hate the idea of him not getting the rest he needs worse.

We have no plans this weekend. It has been pouring down rain since Thursday night and we're supposed to get thunderstorms today. The perfect weekend to lay low and watch movies.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Yea for rollerskating. My kids did lessons at Skateland a few times and did horrible, but my mom just bought them inline skates and we skated in the playroom then at Porter Ranch park and they did sooooo much better. Just goes to show that kids do better when it's on their terms. I can't wait to skate at the beach this summer...oh the memories!