Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Word

I'm not doing resolutions this year. Not because I don't believe in them but because I want to try something different. I read recently about choosing one word that becomes the theme for the new year. I liked that idea and thought it would be an interesting way to think about how I want to navigate my fresh start. I love January, I love closing the door on the last year and being open to the possibilities that are to come. I always feel a little sad and weary in October and November as I realize that the year is winding to a close and I wonder if I've crossed off any of the things on my list. So this year, there will be no list - just one word.

focus:
a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity

This will be my word for 2010. I'm really looking forward to kicking 2009 to the curb.

If you'd like to learn more about the one little word idea, visit Ali Edwards' blog. Her scrapbook layouts and ideas are amazing and she's also good with the words.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

No comments: