Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Weekend

Our weekend was not at all the way I had planned it but it still turned out pretty darn good, especially considering how it started.

Dean called out for me just before midnight. He told me his stomach didn't feel good. I asked him if he needed to throw up. No, he said and promptly fell asleep. 10 minutes later he woke up and went flying into the bathroom. He spent the next 2 1/2 hours getting sick. He spent the next day on the couch watching Christmas specials. We were supposed to drop them off at the daycare on Saturday night so we could go Christmas shopping and see a movie. But, in all honesty, I was a little relieved that it got cancelled. We spent the day doing laundry and cleaning up the house while Dean slept. Tom and I both had upset stomachs for most of the day but luckily, it never got worse. I was in bed by 9:00 and slept like a log until 7:00am.

Today I tested for my brown stripe belt (yay!) and while I was gone the boys put up the Christmas lights. Finally our house is beginning to look a bit festive!

After my belt test we met Uncle Peter & Uncle Julian for dinner with Uncle P's dad. Now, I'm sitting here in my favorite chair, coming down off my 2 beers, the boys are asleep and Tom's at P & J's smoking cigars and sitting in the jacuzzi. I should be jealous of him, I suppose but in reality, I'm so looking forward to being in bed in an hour.

'Night people.

No comments: