Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pennsylvania Visitors

Fred and Cece Citron were in town for meetings and dropped by our house Saturday night to visit us. We got to visit with Fred when we were in PA last October but Cece was busy that night. Anyway, it was great to see them. They're such nice people and were so excited to visit with the boys and get to see their personalities. They had toured the Getty before they came over and they brought with them thick pads of craft paper, markers, crayons and paints. J made quick work destroying the markers but I'm grateful that he didn't break every one of the crayons, as he has done in the past. D was napping when Fred and Cece first arrived and just as I got done telling them how he doesn't like change, he woke up, stumbled into the living room, saw strangers and immediately melted down. It's almost like I planned it. After much wailing and hiding in the kitchen, T finally managed to coax him into the living room where he proceeded to charm the pants off our visitors. He's just brimming full of elven magic, that little one. J didn't nap that day so he was by turns manic and full of rage. I feel a little pressure with this because Fred runs a daycare center and even though I know he isn't grading me (is he?), I still feel extra vigilant about the way I'm disciplining and communicating with my kids. We were planning on making dinner but both T and I were feeling kinda crappy with seasonal allergies so, we ordered in Thai food instead. I had 2 glasses of Thai ice tea and thought I'd never be able to fall asleep but I did except that when D came into bed at 4:00am I woke up and stayed awake and started thinking about the letter I had to write for the SFVMOMC fundraiser and I just couldn't turn my brain off and do you think the Thai ice tea had anything to do with it? Maybe, a little. Either that or the 10 Advil cold and sinus capsules I had to take yesterday just to keep from blowing my head off. Seriously, when I woke up yesterday my head hurt so bad, but just over my right eye like I had a hot poker stuck into my forehead over my right eye that was speared through my brain and came out the back of my head and it throbbed so bad that I lay in bed awake unable to sleep because of the pain and when I got up to sit with the boys I found that I was shaking and nauseous and I couldn't take it anymore. I took AC and S and told T he had to go out and deal with the boys or I was going to throw up. 2 hours later I woke up and felt much better. Yeah, so that's why we had Thai food. And it was so nice to see Fred and Cece and as soon as I get my pictures loaded up to snapfish, I'll post one here.

No comments: