Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tell me what you want, what you really, really want

The other night as we were driving home from daycare, J started saying that he wanted to be a girl. He said he wanted a "gina" - he always forgets the first syllable "va". Then he started singing as loud as he could,"I want a gina. I want a gina!" over and over. Soon, D joined in singing the same thing as loud as he could. When there was a break in their singing, I said, "hey guys. If you had a vagina you wouldn't be able to stand up to pee." *silence***********************
D: Well, he started it.

Edit (2/7/06)
I was re-reading this post over T's shoulder one evening and I suddenly realized that most of the people who read this blog are members of my family and I got a little embarrassed as the word "vagina" jumped off the page at me. Here's the deal: we use the correct terminology in our house for all our anatomical parts. I don't want the boys to ever be embarrassed at the words or be afraid to call "it" what it is.

No comments: