Friday, January 30, 2009

Conversations

Last night on the way home from school:

Jack: Marlei doesn't like me. She hates me.
Me: Why?
Jack: I don't know.
Me: Why do you think she hates you? Did she say she hates you?
Jack: No, but she hates me.
Me: Why do you think so?
Jack: I don't know. She just does.
Dean: It's because you make fun of her.
Jack: I DO NOT!
Dean: Well, it seems like you do.

This morning on the way to school with Tom, talking about who they like and who likes them.

Jack: I like that girl who's friends with Marlei what has eyes like almonds. Dean, what's her name?
Dean: Who?
Jack: You know that girl what has eyes like almonds and is friends with Marlei.
Dean: I don't know but there's a girl that hates me in my class.
Daddy: Why do you say that?
Dean: She runs away from me all the time.
Jack: She might not hate you Dean. Sometimes when girls run away it's because they really like you but they don't know how to talk to you. I know who likes me - Eliana (pronounced iliana).
Dean: You mean Eliana (pronounced eh-liana).
Jack: NO! It's Eliana (pronounced iliana).
Dean: Then why do I call her Ellie?

No comments: