Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Now We're Cooking

When I go home to visit my mom, there are a few things that are on my wishlist for dinner.

Pizza King, of course. It's fairly local to Indiana and it's not Chicago deep dish or New York style but it's delicious and what I grew up on so it's as vital to my visit as a cheesesteak is to Tom's when he goes to PA.

Steak 'n Shake because it's like the midwest's version of In 'n Out. And the shakes are soooo good.

Dog 'n Suds because the beer comes in a frosted mug and they have little ones for the kids. What? It's root beer, people.

The Custard for a cone and a vanilla coke. So that's actually two separate visits. But if you go to the zoo or the pool or the park, you have to go there at the end. It's like a law.

Now when we're talking about home cookin'? I want fried chicken and mashed potatoes. No other sides are necessary although I may toss a broccoli spear on my plate - for a little color. Her fried chicken is so good and the gravy, mmm hmmm. I also dig her cube steak and mashed potatoes. And her polish sausage and potatoes.

I'm drooling onto my keyboard. I really need to go home and eat.

Anyway, I love my mom's cooking and I love visiting all the old places when I go home.

Still, it was nice to get a note from my mom that tells me that she not only made my moroccan chicken recipe but took a picture of it too.

Check it:

No comments: