Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moroccan Chicken

I checked the freezer - 2 packages of chicken legs left. I decided to coat them in salt, pepper, thyme and lemon zest, brown them in the cast iron pot, deglaze the pan with a pile of onions and 2 cups of white wine, add some fresh lemon juice and crushed garlic, plop the chicken legs back in the pot and pop it in the oven to cook for another 45 minutes. While that cooked I got some rice going. Then I chopped up some romaine, shredded some carrots, and tossed it all together with some raisins and candied almonds. I whisked up a quick honey mustard dressing and drizzled it on top.
I added a handful of kalamata olives, spanish green olives, and capers to the chicken mixture for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.

I wish I had taken a picture. Mmmm, it was good.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

sounds yummy! the best meals come out of the things we just throw together. the gourmet chef comes out!