Friday, January 02, 2009

A New Year

Anyway, as I was saying ...

Blogger suddenly had a hiccup yesterday while I was writing that literal masterpiece so it published before I was done. A premature publish. Ack!

Yeah so Christmas was great, we went here we went there. The days off in between it and New Year's were filled with doctors appointments both expected and unexpected. I didn't get their loft painted as I'd hoped but we did get to the Natural History Museum and the California Science Center. I hope to take them to the Getty Museum today because Dean really wants to go to the art museum. I don't know what he's expecting but the Getty has a great outdoor garden area and a nice kids area.

I want to do a recap of 2008 but don't have the time right now. I have to leave for TKD in a couple of minutes.

I didn't do any resolutions this year mostly because they're usually the same from year to year - be more patient, be more present, say yes more, say no less, be better. I hope to do all those things this year too but also break a few more boards. I also hope to move out of my comfort zone more this year. I'm a homebody - content to stay home with my computer and my comfy couch. I need to venture out more, expose the boys to more of what this town has to offer. We need to go camping and travel up and down this state a little more - take mini vacations.

So there's a lot on the horizon. But I'm hopeful.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Funny, you wrote about getting out more in the new year and I wrote about staying in and entertaining more, but they are both out of our comfort zones a bit and that's the key. I look forward to reading about your adventures!