Sunday, November 11, 2007

In Which Our Heroine Realizes She's Not the Only One

As we returned home from a birthday party today, my cell phone rang. Remembering my momentary lapse in reason from the other night I simply answered "hello". To my surprise, it was the same parent from the other night. I recognized the British accent immediately.

Oh, didn't I mention that? Yeah, besides all the other reasons why she couldn't be my Grandma (2 time zones away, after midnight, etc. etc.) --- she's also British.

My Grandma's not British.

Anyway, so this other mom calls to tell me that they went to the park for our party and no one was there and then she looked at the invitation and realized it was yesterday and she was so sorry that they missed it and her son was so disappointed.

I said "hey, the party's next Saturday! You're not a day late, you're six days early!"

And then I did a little happy dance that I'm not the only Mom who's just trying to make it by the skin of her teeth.

1 comment:

M the Mommy said...

That is too funny and sounds like something I would do, thanks for sharing!